Utelite Soil Builder Max is a nutrient rich compost that improves soil structure, replenishes essential nutrients and provides important food for soil organisms. It contains humate to stimulate beneficial microbial activity, maintain soil moisture and help make nutrients more readily available to plant’s needs. Beneficial mycorrhizae improve root’s ability to absorb water and nutrients creating stronger root systems. Additionally, Utelite clay busting granules keep the soil loose and workable, ensuring there is proper flow of air and water in the soil for deeper, stronger root development.
- Perfect for Gardens, Flowers, Trees, Shrubs and Grass.
- Easy to apply and provides long, lasting benefits.
- Replenishes essential nutrients.
- Ensures proper soil biology for deeper rooting and stronger yields.
- Restores proper balance of air and moisture.
- Helps conserve water and maximize nutrient uptake.
Preparing Garden Soil
- Spread 2 to 3 inches of Soil Builder Max over the existing garden soil surface.
- Using a spade or power tiller, thoroughly mix the Soil Builder Max into the top 5 to 6 inches of existing soil. This process may have to be repeated for extremely high clay or sandy soils to properly prepare them for planting.
- Adequately water before and after planting to ensure a proper soil moisture content is available for the plants.
Planting Trees & Shrubs
- Dig holes according to the directions given for the trees and shrubs.
- Mix Soil Builder Max with the excavated soil from the holes at an approximate ratio of 50/50.
- Backfill around the root mass with blended soil gently pressing and tamping it into place ensuring the tree or shrub is properly lined up.
- Thoroughly water after planting to settle any remaining soil into place. Continue water as directed per plant’s requirements.
Installing a New Lawn
- Spread 2 inches of Soil Builder Max over the rough graded areas intended for lawn.
- Thoroughly mix the Soil Builder Max into the top 6 inches of the existing soil.
- Once blended, fine grade the lawn area by smoothing and firming the soil for seed or sod placement.
- Carefully spread 2 to 3 inches of Soil Builder Max over existing soil around new or established plants.
- Adequately water the mulched area to rinse off any material inadvertently applied to plants and to settle the remaining mulch.
1 cubic foot bag will cover approximately 6 square feet when applied a 2 inch depth.
1 cubic yard will cover approximately 162 square feet when applied a 2 inch depth.